Camu Camu (Myrciaria dubia) is a fruit that grows in the Peruvian Amazon, it is appreciated for its exceptional content of vitamin C, also for its high content of flavonoids and pectins that play an important role for health.
Antioxidants contained in the camu camu, as catechins, anthocyanins, routine, flavonols, vitamin C; They cleanse the body of free radicals preventing cellular aging and improving memory, asthma, heart disease, cancer.
Rural people in the Peruvian Amazon apply a wide variety of therapeutic methods and all parts of the plant camu camu to a wide range of health problems. The main diseases treated are rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes mellitus and flu.
“Compared to oranges, camu camu provides 30 times more vitamin C, 10 times more iron, 3 times more niacin, twice as much riboflavin, and fifty percent more phosphorus”
- It favors the formation of collagen, a protein that holds many body structures and provides growth to the bones, teeth, gums, blood vessels, promotes hair and delicate skin.
- Strengthens the immune system to be antioxidant, antiviral, flu and prevent oxidative stress causing degenerative diseases.
- Prevents the macular degeneration in the eye, conserving good vision.
- Reduce inflammation.
- It is related to the activation of hormones and neurotransmitters helping to maintain clarity of mind during stress.
- Vitamin C also helps to repair the arterial walls, thereby preventing cholesterol deposits (arteriosclerosis).
- Vitamin C binds iron in the blood, preventing anemia.
- Vitamin C enhances the activity of vitamin E at the cellular, maximizing the antioxidant capacity of tissues and it is the most important characteristic at physiological level.