Peru is home to 60% of species of cocoa in the world and is one of the leading producers, to date, the world’s second largest exporter.
The type of cocoa produced in Peru is the aromatic type, characterized by its high fat content, which can reach levels of 57%, which conferring it a high commercial value in the international market with great potential for production of organic cocoa as a crop in agroforestry systems.
- High in antioxidants such as phenols. It is a natural aphrodisiac and antidepressant.
- Helps increase concentration and alertness.
- It contains nutrients such as phenylethylamine to generate sense of happiness.
- Source of important minerals, especially magnesium and sulfur
- Improves glucose metabolism and lowers blood pressure.